These games are guaranteed to get any party started!
Have you ever?This is a very simple game to play, all it requires is each girl admitting something they have never done.
The Maid of Honour should start the game by announcing something she has not done. An example could be “I never fake an orgasm”.
Any girls who DO Fake orgasms then have to take a drink and be watched by everyone as they admit their secret!
Brief all the girls to try and think of the most outrageous things they have never done to make the game more fun.
Design the Wedding DressThis is a game better played before you go out !
You will need a lot of white toilet paper.
Make up some groups, with 3 girls in each. The Bride to Be will judge the finished dresses. Each team will need one model to be dressed.
Give rolls of toilet paper to each group, ideally one roll for each person who isn’t the model, and each group design a wedding dress for their model, made of toilet paper!
They can include any accessories they like, Veils and bouquets are great but remember they all must be maid from toilet paper – but everything must be made of toilet paper. You can set a timer, or just use your judgement depending on how much fun they’re having.
When everyone is done, the bride has to pick out the “wedding dress” of her choice. The winning group who designed the best dress receive a small token prize each such as a bottle of bubbly or a lip-gloss.
Image Credit: MariamJato
I Dare YouThis is a great game if you are heading to a bar or club for a hens party.
Prior to the hens party, the head bridesmaid should email all attendees, and ask them to send through a couple of funny dares for the unsuspecting hen to carry out on the night of her hens party.
Ask the girls to make the dares as funny as possible without being too embarrassing! Throughout the night (perhaps at hourly intervals) the hen has to randomly choose a dare and perform.
Example dares are :
- Request a really daggy song like “If I could turn could back time” by Cher, or “I will always love you” by Whitney Houston while at the bar
- Pretend she is walking down the wedding aisle carrying a bouquet, in the middle of the hens party venue.
- Get as many “last night of freedom” kisses from men in the venue as she can. A peck on the cheek will suffice for this one!
- Find a man to practice the bridal waltz with.
These dares are guaranteed to keep you in stitches all night long but remember be kind to the hen!
Chink and DrinkThis is a great way to get the party started. It helps all of the guests quickly and easily identify where everyone fits in.
Make sure all guests have a full glass of champagne (or soda water!). Then announce the rules – if you belong to the group of people that is called out, then you have to “chink and drink” with the other members of that group. Groups to call out may include:
- Chink and Drink if you are from the bride’s family
- Chink and Drink if you work with the bride
- Chink and Drink if you met the bride through the groom
- Chink and Drink if you are the groom’s family
- Chink and Drink if you have known the bride for longer than ten years
- Chink and Drink if you met the bride in the last 12 months
There are many opportunities! You could even have penalties if a person is in a “group” all by themselves and so therefore has no one to Chink and Drink with. This could be rigged – for example, if you want the bride to have a penalty, you could make it very specific – ie “Chink and Drink if you are getting married at 2pm next Saturday!”.
This game helps get everyone interacting and gets the party going, right from the start.